Job Title: Assistant Manager, CMNT Engineering
Location: Greenbelt Rail Facility
WMATA Reference: 170188
This is a supervisory, managerial position in the transit maintenance engineering department responsible for the development, implementation and management of a comprehensive maintenance engineering program for the Department of CENV and for coordinating associated technical and administrative activities of the program. The employee has extensive latitude for independent judgment and action within established guidelines.
- Exercises leadership and supervision over the personnel and activities of the Rail Car Engineering Section.
- Provides counsel and guidance to and renders performance appraisal evaluations on Section personnel. Responsible for personnel actions such as promotions, demotions, disciplinary actions and grievance proceedings.
- Reviews the performance of Rail Car sub-systems, work equipment subsystems and components of rail cars such as HVAC, doors, friction brakes etc. to determine cause of problems that develop in the operation of rail vehicles and work equipment.
- Evaluates, develops, and manages an engineering program for the Department of CENV, including: configuration control, maintenance program, procedures and schedule development, manual and drawing control, modification control, failure and trend analysis, specification control and maintainability engineering.
- Responsible for the development/revision of troubleshooting procedures.
- Responsible for development of design improvements to increase reliability and efficiency of the Rail Car sub-systemss and support equipment.
- Assures that published maintenance programs, procedures, and schedules are implemented based on proven and acceptable maintenance techniques used by the rail transit industry.
- Researches and prepares reports, recommendation for different issues related with rail car sub-system.
- Investigates unusual equipment failures, supervises troubleshooting and testing to determine the cause for such failures, insures recommendations are implemented.
- Performs related duties as required.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a BS Degree in an Engineering discipline. A minimum of 7 years experience in administration and supervisory/managerial experience in the transit industry. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable. License:
Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a valid local motor vehicle operator's license issued from the state of residence. Medical Group:
Ability to satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this job. The employee must be able to perform the essential functions of this job either with or without reasonable accommodations. Evaluation Criteria:
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit history report for positions with fiduciary responsibilities
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job Descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview. Please apply before 5/6/2017
To apply for this position, visit WMATA's Career Center