Job Title: Superintendent, Bus Transportation Training
Location: Carmen Turner Facility
WMATA Reference: 170126
This position is responsible for the design, development, and delivery of technical and supervisory training programs for Rail or Bus Transportation. Manages training staff and employees attending training. Establishes training standards of quality as well as the short and long-range training strategic goals. Establishes content and quality standards for contract Rail or Bus transportation training and coordinates and manages the implementation.
- Effectively plans and organizes a program for the instruction of new and re-instruction of veteran transportation service operations personnel in the proper and safe method of providing Rail or Bus transportation in accordance with WMATA policies and procedures.
- Manages in overseeing the re-certification and refresher training programs for transportation service operations personnel on the established safe operations and procedures for Rail or Bus Operations and ensures all operating personnel certifications are current.
- Manages and coordinates the design and revision of educational, technical, managerial, and instructional methodology in training programs.
- Develops scheduling and control procedures for training. Establishes management objectives, develops performance indicators, and maintain workload measurements.
- Manages the development of reports on class performance, instructor/student pass/fail rates, student certification analysis, and comparisons to previous classes. Make recommendations for improvements. Coordinates, schedules instructors for follows-up on the performance of students 30, 60 and 90 days after graduation.
- Collaborates with management to develop and evaluate Rail or Bus Transportation Department training programs. Identifies training needs and recommends cost-effective resources, education courses/programs, and vendor training to replace or augment exiting training within Rail or Bus Transportation Department. Represents Rail or Bus Transportation Department and serves as a member on WMATA training committees and task forces.
- Coordinates and implements educational training programs to include all training functions and monitoring contractor operations to ensure that effective adult teaching and training is provided.
- Assists in the development selection process to ensure best-qualified Instructors. Supervises, selects, trains, motivates, assigns, evaluates, counsel, and disciplines staff. Enforces WMATA rules, policies, procedures, and applies provisions of labor agreements. Represents WMATA at disciplinary hearings, legal proceedings, and other meetings.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision. Minimum Qualifications: Education
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Instructional Design, Human Resources, or Scientific/Technical field.
In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree, Four (4) years of training program development experience may be considered. Experience
A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in the development, administration, and implementation of large-scale training programs.
Experience managing projects is required.
Must possess excellent communications and presentation skills with the ability to provide consultation to senior management.
Must have demonstrated advanced computer skills, experience using statistical analysis software, and knowledge of e-learning development and delivery applications. Preferred
Specific experience developing and managing transit operator training programs preferred.
A comprehensive knowledge of transit operations is highly desired. Medical Group:
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations. Evaluation Criteria:
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit history report for positions with fiduciary responsibilities
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job Descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview. Please apply before 5/5/2017
To apply for this position, visit WMATA's Career Center